Monday, February 24, 2020

Clementine


The song 'Clementine' by Halsey has been one of my favorites since she released it. In my head, I have an entire lyric video that is full of color and animation that I would love to create one day. For now, though, I have made a Calligram with the lyrics:

Wish I could see what it's like to be the blood in my veins
Do the insides of all of my fingers still look the same?
And can you feel it too, when I am touchin' you?
And when my hair stands on ends, it's saluting you!

There is something very visual about her lyrics, and the way she sings gives me goosebumps when I read the words through the full song.

I've always been very inspired by music in my work, and I was happy to allow it to show through this piece. I hope to revisit it again and work on some details that I wasn't 100% satisfied with when I posted this blog. I had hoped to have a fill that represented the skin in the title and singer's name, and I also initially wanted to create an animation. My initial thoughts were too ambitious I think for the short amount of time I worked on this, but given another few days I think I could create something even more unique.

Image result for the creation of adam

While having the 'lyric video' in my head, I had always imagined these lines tracing the hands in Michelangelo's The Creation of Adam. I feel that it is something recognizeable enough that people would be familiar with it, as well as an image that adds strength to Halsey's visual lyrics.

If you are curious about the song and want to listen, here you go:


Time it took to create this work: 3 hours


No comments:

Post a Comment