Wednesday, March 18, 2020

More Than Two Lips





"Gradient Meshes allow for very flexible and detailed application of color to objects. A Gradient Mesh creates a grid inside the object that follows the contour. Color can then be applied to grid points, and different colors between grid points feather into each other."


More Than Two Lips was designed after my failed attempts at creating two separate portraits using gradient mesh. I generally tend to be very ambitious with the designs that I plan to create, but due to time restrictions, I realized I would not be able to finish the portraits, and if I did, it would not be the quality I'd want for myself



Tutorial used (in case anyone would be curious to dive deeper into the world of gradient mesh): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ghlrCIhn9I
Time it took to create this work: 4 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment