Monday, April 13, 2020

Somewhere


The Office: "A mockumentary on a group of typical office workers, where the workday consists of ego clashes, inappropriate behavior, and tedium." -IMDB

I spent so much time racking my brain, trying to pick a scene that I'd want to be a part of for the "Somewhere" project. I was sitting there, sipping from my mug and complaining about how I had no creative ideas when I looked down at my mug which has a mangled image of Dwight (who met an unfortunate demise after a meeting with the dishwasher) when I realized the idea was right in front of me the whole time!

I don't know how I feel about the image... I feel like my shadows didn't quite match up with the scene, but I'm content with where things ended up as I used many layers to try to adjust the lighting and saturation to fit the scene. Do I look like I hate my office job? Can you see the bags under my eyes? (Don't answer that please!)



Reference Photo used:

Time to complete: 2 hours

8 comments:

  1. This turned out so good! I also chose the office for my project but I love this photo you chose to put yourself in! You did a great job choosing your outfit and I like how you're holding a coffee mug! Really good job on this project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I noticed some other people did it as well! It's a great show and always happy to meet others who enjoyed it as well! Thanks for the feedback!

      Delete
  2. I did The Office for my Somewhere project too! I love the show! I think your outfit and pose fit into the scene well. I like how you are looking down at Jim- that works well in the scene. There are a couple shadows that don't fit into the picture, so the only suggestion I have would be to lighten those. Otherwise I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh such a good show!! I definitely had some difficulties with the shadows, so I see what you mean, but thank you so much for the feedback!

      Delete
  3. I think you did a really good job for this project and I even appreciate it a little bit more because I am a big Office fan. You did an excellent job dressing up in the proper clothing and adding a coffee mug as a prop to really help the viewer believe you are in the shot. The only advice I would give is to adjust the lighting on your upper body so the shadow under your neck is gone. Overall, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and glad to hear it, it's a great show! And thank you for the comment about the shadows, I think I may go back and edit that if I get the time later because I had some issues with it before... Thank you!

      Delete
  4. This is a great interpretation of you “Somewhere” portion of the project. It took me a minute to find where you were. I think you placed yourself in a smart location in the picture. By placing yourself around multiple people it took me longer to notice you were not suppose to be there. I think you could have proportioned your body in the photo a bit larger so it would look more to scale compared to the other characters. Overall, great job on this project I enjoyed looking at your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I realized after I started editing that the photo I used was taken at a higher angle than the actual picture I was using to stage it, so I had some issues with the proportions... I wish I had taken better care in the actual prepping of the image ha! But thank you for the feedback!

      Delete