Saturday, April 25, 2020

Business Cards

For this project, the goal was to use our logo (and brand) to create a series of 3 business cards. I've used the Misimdo logo along with the title and specific text logo for my "company." (To read more about the logo, visit here.)

The first set that I created is horizontal. There are three versions of the front because, for the first version, I wanted to have an alternating set. The blue/pink and yellow/pink gradient go with the theme of my bright colored brand while the 'Misimdo' text is more street and messy. If I would print them, I'd like for the background to have a smooth, matte texture while the letters would be more sleek and reflective, offering an interesting feel.

The second version, also horizontal, includes colors and symbols from my initial logo process, offering the bright, fun look of the Misimdo brand.

I wanted to have the logo hanging off the page for both of these versions because it goes with the design that I would have on my clothing line (if that is where this leads.)


For the final version, I've created a horizontal layout, again with the logo falling off the edge slightly. When the card is flipped, however, it carries the logo to the other side. I don't think I like where I have the placement of the text, even if I like the logo design.

I think if I had to go with one of the designs below, I'd go with the Horizontal V1a/V1b look and have a stack of colorful, bright cards with my name over the front and logo on the back!

FRONT OF BC (V1a/V1b + V2)


BACK OF BC (V1 + V2)



FRONT AND BACK OF VERTICAL BC





8 comments:

  1. Fantastic job as always!! I love how they present your style. The only suggestion I have is for the business card that is yellow with your symbol as all black. I would add some definition to it. It doesn't have to be a lot, but maybe consider a light/dark grey? Other than that great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Molly! I agree, it felt a little bland to me, I was definitely more partial to the other designs, but wanted to attempt some variation. I'll play around with that idea though thank you!

      Delete
  2. I really like your business cards! My favorite is the third one, it looks fun and professional. My only suggestion is to adjust the background on the back of the gradient business cards to a gradient that matches the front. This is my favorite business card project i have seen. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always so impressed by your work! I love the color schemes for each card. They are all following a similar theme but are unique! My only suggestion is that on the vertical business card, the front looks like the logo is cut off. Maybe try centering it? Overall, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your business cards! I think your color choice is incredible as usual! I also like how there seems to be some inspiration from our tag brush project where you layer multiple colors close to one another to get an interesting effect. Something that bugs me more than it really should is on your vertical business card, is the small piece of the logo that is in the upper right when the rest of the corner is white. I think it would be much more visually appealing to me if you were to remove that. Other than that I really like these and I think you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean with the tiny piece on the top right, I may end up playing with the positioning of the logo now, because it's bothering me the more I look at it too... Thank you for the feedback!

      Delete